Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that plays a vital role in the functioning of the immune system. Vitamin C is required for the metabolism of amino acids and the absorption of many nutrients such as folic acid and iron.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- prevents the negative effects of free radicals;
- strengthens the protective functions of the immune system;
- improves the functioning of the nervous and endocrine systems;
- stimulates the body's production of collagen;
- improves the health and appearance of skin and hair;
- reduces symptoms of oxidative stress;
- prevents premature aging;
- increases the strength of blood vessels;
- removes harmful cholesterol;
- normalizes blood pressure.