Sunflower lecithin is a phospholipid that is found in all cells of the body. The substance is especially important for the functioning of the liver, nervous and circulatory systems, and kidneys. A deficiency of a beneficial component can occur even with proper nutrition, so it is worth periodically taking supplements based on this component.
The substance helps:
- improve brain activity;
- improve the functioning of the nervous system;
- support liver health;
- reduce “bad” cholesterol in the blood;
- normalize blood circulation;
- slow down the aging of the body;
- regulate the menstrual cycle;
- stimulate tissue regeneration;
- nourish the skin, nails and hair from the inside;
- support normal metabolism;
- remove harmful substances;
- speed up the absorption of nutrients.
Lecithin is especially important during periods of severe nervous or physical stress. Lecithin dietary supplements are usually given to children to accelerate development and ease stress at school. For knowledge workers and older people, lecithin helps stimulate brain activity and improve memory.
With lecithin deficiency, the following appear:
- sleep problems;
- mood changes;
- poor concentration;
- memory impairment;
- poor general health;
- liver and kidney problems;
- dry skin and hair.